Thursday, February 17, 2011

 Today I got involved in a new project for one of the agencies big clients. I had to design the concept wire frames and layout for two brochures they required. One was to have a very corporate feel and the other which was to be aimed at at a more retail base was to have a more informal feel. I started off by looking at a number of different magazines to get some ideas of different layouts and see what I thought would work best for the two different flyers. One of the main things I picked up on was the way many magazine articles draw out important points and grab the readers attention to certain parts of the text by enlarging certain quotes within the text or by creating colour blocks to highlight particular points. This is something that I really liked and wanted to transfer into my layouts. I also had to hunt down some appropriate images for the two flyers, which was easier said than done! I wanted images that the clientèle could relate to and that reflected their lifestyles. I knew the images I wanted and it was frustrating not being able to find them, I really wanted to be able to go out and take photos so I could create the image I had in my head. Unfortunately there wasn't the budget for this, so I carried on trawling through images! Finally after some time I hit the jackpot and found what I was looking for. It was actually quite an interesting exercise because it highlighted the importance of images and the way semiotics works.

No comments:

Post a Comment